Adam Markel is the CEO of New Peaks and the author of the new book Pivot. New Peaks, an international training firm, has delivered world-class educational programs to more than 1 million people, in over 104 countries. Prior to his position as CEO, Adam was the Senior Trainer with Peak Potentials and has personally trained more than 100,000 people in the United States, Southeast Asia, Canada, Europe and Australia. In addition, Adam is a keynote speaker for groups and conferences around the world. Adam is a recognized expert in the integration of business and personal transformation Prior to his work with New Peaks, Adam spent two years teaching Junior High School English, founded a successful commercial real estate investment firm and went to law school – where he passed the bar on his first time.
After law school, Adam founded a multi-million dollar law firm specializing in finance, commercial and employment litigation. Over the course of his 17 year practice, Adam represented over 1000 matters, with hundreds of clients including Citybank, Wachovia and HSBC.
Currently Adam lives in Carlsbad, California where one of his greatest joys has been raising four amazing children with his wife Randi.
Listen to the podcastLIBSYN
- Adam shares his journey from unhappy, cynical and skeptical lawyer to recovering attorney and Owner/CEO of New Peaks.
- Hear Adam tell us the genesis of his new book Pivot.
- Miranda and Adam discuss the concept of really loving your life.
- Adam talks about his shift to living a conscious life and how that has lead to living a life of service.
- Part one finishes with Adam explaining the concept that great teachers are great students and that learning and growing are life long pursuits.
- Part two will release on May 9, 2016.
Books Mentioned by Adam in this interview:
- Pivot: The Art and Science of Reinventing Your Career and Life What would you do in your life if you knew you could not fail? That’s the question answered in Pivot, a roadmap for embracing your true potential without abandoning your responsibilities or risking your future. As a transformational teacher and the CEO of Peak Potentials, which has trained more than one million people worldwide, Adam Markel can help you leap out of your comfort zone and into the destiny you’ve always dreamed of. Whether you are transitioning your career, or have been downsized, or believe that your true potential has yet to be fully tapped, Pivot is a guide to reinvention for anyone, at any age. With clear-eyed compassion and frank assessments, Adam shares the secrets that will guide you away from fear and toward a powerful new vision for your life.
- Awaken the Giant Within Wake up and take control of your life! From the bestselling author of Inner Strength, Unlimited Power, and MONEY Master the Game, Anthony Robbins, the nation’s leader in the science of peak performance, shows you his most effective strategies and techniques for mastering your emotions, your body, your relationships, your finances, and your life. The acknowledged expert in the psychology of change, Anthony Robbins provides a step-by-step program teaching the fundamental lessons of self-mastery that will enable you to discover your true purpose, take control of your life, and harness the forces that shape your destiny.
- The Road Less Traveled Perhaps no book in this generation has had a more profound impact on our intellectual and spiritual lives than The Road Less Traveled. Written in a voice that is timeless in its message of understanding, The Road Less Traveled continues to help us explore the very nature of loving relationships and leads us toward a new serenity and fullness of life. It helps us learn how to distinguish dependency from love; how to become a more sensitive parent; and ultimately how to become one’s own true self.
- Think and Grow Rich Think and grow rich is the most important financial book ever written. Napoleon Hill researched more than forty millionaires to find out what made them the men that they were. By following the advice laid out clearly in this book you’ll be the one with an edge. It’s time to stop wondering what it’s like to be rich and start knowing. This book will change your life!
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book)In The Four Agreements, don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. The Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love.
- Books by Eckart Tolle
Thanks for Listening
This information is coming to you to inspire you and drive you forward. Be bigger than you know yourself to be! If you haven’t already done so, please take a minute to leave a quick 5-star review rating and honest review on iTunes by clicking here.
Miranda McCroskey – host of Lawpreneur Radio