Max Emma of the bookkeeping services company, BooXkeeping Corp., ensures the highest accuracy for clients’ finances, while saving them time, money, and resources with a down to earth approach. He created a unique structure for BooXkeeping: instead of having just one person who does your bookkeeping, clients get two to three accountants working on their behalf, so that the financial statements are double and triple checked. His team works diligently to prepare the Income Statements and Balance Sheets critical for their clients’ success and growth. Prior to launching BooXkeeping Corp, Max was with QUALCOMM. An entrepreneur at heart, though, he opened his own financial management company. BooXkeeping Corp. offers bookkeeping services to a variety of businesses nationwide, which include about 35% startups and 65% established companies. BooXkeeping has been featured in INC. Magazine and ENTREPRENEUR Magazine for their innovative accounting services, which stem from their motto: “To bring new life to one of the world’s oldest professions.” A highlight of Max’s career has been a client sharing, “I love BooXkeeping, because you under promise and over deliver.” Outside of work, Max enjoys a healthy and active lifestyle, which includes being a father of two boys. He also enjoys theater, good food, wine, and scotch.
Listen to the podcast
Fail fast to succeed faster
- Max tells us that closing his family’s construction business was his biggest failure. Max says that while it was a failure, it was an even bigger learning experience than a finance degree or getting an MBA.
Tell us something good
- Max says that he treats all of his clients, virtual and otherwise, as friends and family. Max has created himself as a resource for his clients.
- Max discusses setting up BooXkeeping so that he doesn’t have a direct view in to his clients accounts which allows him to keep closer personal and business relationships with his clients by not knowing the details of their business.
What’s on your desk?
- Listen as Max outlines his ideal client size (size matters) and explains that his business is industry agnostic.
- Max relates that about 20% of his business is attorneys. He serves Lawpreneurs to mid-sized firms where they do everything from simple P&L statements through reconcilliation of attorney client trust accounts to providing full book keeping services.
- Other major areas of business for BooXkeeping are real estate, retail and construction.
- Atlas Shrugged With this acclaimed work and its immortal query, “Who is John Galt?”, Ayn Rand found the perfect artistic form to express her vision of existence. Atlas Shrugged made Rand not only one of the most popular novelists of the century, but one of its most influential thinkers. Atlas Shrugged is the astounding story of a man who said that he would stop the motor of the world–and did. Tremendous in scope, breathtaking in its suspense, Atlas Shrugged stretches the boundaries further than any book you have ever read. It is a mystery, not about the murder of a man’s body, but about the murder–and rebirth–of man’s spirit.
Thanks for Listening
This information is coming to you to inspire you and drive you forward. Be bigger than you know yourself to be! If you haven’t already done so, please take a minute to leave a quick 5-star review rating and honest review on iTunes by clicking here.
Miranda McCroskey – host of Lawpreneur Radio