What makes a Lawpreneur? listen in as Sarah Poriss of the Law Office of Sarah Poriss shares her journey.
Sarah Poriss loves being a solo! So much so that she just produced a 20-interview series with experts in practice management tools and techniques called “The Art of Being Solo: how to have a solo law practice you love and live the life you want”, which she offered for free to encourage others to succeed in their practices.
Sarah has practiced for 12 years exclusively in the area of consumer protection, focusing her entire eight years as a solo on defending consumers in credit card collection and home foreclosure actions. This area of law is populated almost exclusively by solos or small firm attorneys and she hates to see the burnout and turnover among her fellow consumer advocates. Her goal is to help all solos learn how to “do well by doing good”– that is, to live the lifestyle they want and deserve as well as help as many people as possible without compromising their health and happiness. Being a solo is the best kept secret and she wants to share it with everyone.
Ruby Receptionist is the smart and cheerful team of virtual receptionists trained to make a difference in your day. From their offices in Portland, Oregon, they handle your calls with care. They deliver the perfect mix of friendliness, charm, can-do attitude, and professionalism. Best of all, your callers will think they work in your office. Meet them!
Listen to the podcast
Fail fast to succeed faster
- Value yourself and the service you provide.
- Consider that your money “programs” were created long ago, but are ruling your fee structure today.
Tell us something good
- Doing consumer law Sarah finds success and happiness in helping families stay in their home longer, and deal with the current economic realities.
- Consumer law has room for growth.
What’s on your desk?
- Sarah has practiced for 12 years exclusively in the area of consumer protection, focusing her entire eight years as a solo on defending consumers in credit card collection and home foreclosure actions.
- She also has represented people who have been taken by contractors or other service providers.
- We are our own best resources – our common sense and life experiences are huge.
- Abbacus Law: Abacus enables the success of legal professionals and secures their future by providing One-Stop-Shop Legal Technology Solutions that range from technology readiness assessments, to the design, deployment, implementation and management of In-Office or Virtual Office Law Practice Environments, offering complementary back-office support, such as IT, Billing and Bookkeeping Services.
- National Association of Consumer Advocates – a group of consumer attorneys around the country
- All Your Worth: The Ultimate Lifetime Money Plan In All Your Worth, Elizabeth Warren and Amelia Warren Tyagi, tell you the truth about money. They lay out the new rules of money — the ones nobody talks about. They show you how to get out of debt, cover your bills, and start getting ahead — without needing to carry a calculator everywhere you go.
- The Two-Income Trap Harvard Law School bankruptcy expert Elizabeth Warren and financial consultant Amelia Tyagi show that today’s middle-class parents are increasingly trapped by financial meltdowns. Astonishingly, sending mothers to work has made families more vulnerable to financial disaster than ever before. Today’s two-income family earns 75% more money than its single-income counterpart of a generation ago, but has 25% less discretionary income to cover living costs.
Favorite Quote of the Show in a One Minute Clip
Thanks for Listening
This information is coming to you to inspire you and drive you forward. Be bigger than you know yourself to be! If you haven’t already done so, please take a minute to leave a quick 5-star review rating and honest review on iTunes by clicking here. Miranda McCroskey – host of Lawpreneur Radio