Nicholas Myers of Myers Berstein, LLP focuses his practice on intellectual property and business matters. He first hung his own shingle in 2011 as a sole practitioner and has since taken on a partner in David Berstein and together they have grown the practice to a five attorney firm.
Listen to the podcast
Fail fast to succeed faster
- Nick tells us that before he started the practice with David Berstein he knew how to practice law and had never run a business. He had to figure out how to wear all of the hats of a business owner, like being your own IT guy or secretary.
- Nick says that he learned many ways to do things effectively and how to avoid being ineffective.
Tell us something good
- Nick describes his watershed moment, that moment when he knew that he had made it, as the day that he fired his largest client because they weren’t a personality fit for the business.
- Nick relates another great moment when he got a referral from two different people in two totally distinct networks.
What’s on your desk?
- Trade Secrets
- Clio makes practice management easy with a suite of web-based tools targeted at small- to mid-sized law firms.
- WebPresenceEsq for SEO
- Regal Court Reporting for deposition services
- Nick says that the various local Bar Associations are great for networking and building relationships
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box Through a story everyone can relate to about a man facing challenges on the job and in his family, the authors expose the fascinating ways that we can blind ourselves to our true motivations and unwittingly sabotage the effectiveness of our own efforts to achieve success and increase happiness. Read this extraordinary book and discover what millions already have learned—how to consistently tap into an innate ability that dramatically improves both your results and your relationships.
Thanks for Listening
This information is coming to you to inspire you and drive you forward. Be bigger than you know yourself to be! If you haven’t already done so, please take a minute to leave a quick 5-star review rating and honest review on iTunes by clicking here.
Miranda McCroskey – host of Lawpreneur Radio