Lawpreneur Miranda McCroskey hung out her shingle ten years ago and formed McCroskey Legal. She graduated Loyola Law School in Los Angeles in 1996, and spent her early years as an attorney working for the federal and local government. and as an associate in private practice. After outgrowing and leaving her associate position in 2003, and exhausted from the job hunt, she decided that, for that day, if she could just pull in $100 she wouldn’t have to get a job. She managed to find $100 that day, and continues to do so (plus some), ten years later – but not without the advice and counsel of many who had gone before her.
“Lawpreneur Radio” comes out of her entrepreneurial spirit, and her recognition that lawyers and successful business owners are not necessarily equivalent. A successful colleague once told her that the lawyer entrepreneur’s, or “lawpreneur’s” business was 80% business and 20% law. This seemingly apt statistic might not create access for an academic legal eagle to go it on their own. Therefore, her intention is to create a community where members are both lawpreneurs who’ve figured out how to hang their shingle and thrive, and others who are wondering how or longing to take the first step or, maybe, gigantic leap.
Miranda’s hope is that young attorneys fresh out of school, older attorneys looking at self-employment as a version of retirement, exhausted Big Law attorneys with dreams of being their own boss, and any other willing listener, will tune in to be inspired, educated and entertained by the storytelling of the Lawpreneur’s journey.
Ruby Receptionist is the smart and cheerful team of virtual receptionists trained to make a difference in your day. From their offices in Portland, Oregon, they handle your calls with care. They deliver the perfect mix of friendliness, charm, can-do attitude, and professionalism. Best of all, your callers will think they work in your office. Meet them!
Elder Counsel is a membership based program. Their passion lies in helping Elder law, special needs planning and veterans pension planning attorneys better serve their clients. They do so by providing education, support, the premier elder law document drafting system and a state of the art office management system, all with the goal of making our member attorneys more knowledgeable, more efficient, and, as a result, more profitable.
Listen to the podcast
Fail fast to succeed faster
- Failing fast means to be taking action every day – if you only do what you know you will succeed at you’ll do very little.
- Every step along her journey has been an example of failing faster – seeking inspiration, taking action, pivoting, and moving forward.
Tell us something good
- Celebrate with Miranda as she is the subject of the 100th Lawpreneur Radio interview.
- Listen as Miranda shares about her 10 years in business, and the success that it is.
- Miranda discusses the importance of networking skills and how they have helped her develop her practice.
What’s on your desk?
- Creation of her Elder Law firm Orange County Senior Counsel and her focus on Medi-Cal Crisis Planning
- Continuing criminal defense cases
- Professional License Defense
- DropBox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
- My Case is a web-based legal practice management software built for the modern law firm. Start your free 30 days with My Case today. Tell them Lawpreneur Radio sent you!
- ProVisors is a community of over 4,000 senior-level trusted advisors, including attorneys, accountants, and financial services professionals, from international, regional and boutique firms. All have the common goal of sharing knowledge and resources to help each other provide exceptional service to their clients.
- Elder Counsel
- Lawpreneur Radio Guests
- The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pages of Cutting-Edge Content. Some of you might think, as the corporate attorney I lunched with recently said, “Four-hour workweek? Is that a thing?” but Tim’s premise is my goal and aspiration. To be “locationally independent,” use virtual assistants, and take intermittent retirement sounds awesome to me!
- Think and Grow Rich Think and grow rich is the most important financial book ever written. Napoleon Hill researched more than forty millionaires to find out what made them the men that they were. By following the advice laid out clearly in this book you’ll be the one with an edge. It’s time to stop wondering what it’s like to be rich and start knowing. This book will change your life!
Favorite Quote of the Show in a One Minute Clip
Thanks for Listening
This information is coming to you to inspire you and drive you forward. Be bigger than you know yourself to be! If you haven’t already done so, please take a minute to leave a quick 5-star review rating and honest review on iTunes by clicking here.
Miranda McCroskey – host of Lawpreneur Radio