Marla Merhab Robinson is the founding partner of Merhab Robinson, Jackson and Clarkson which has been in business for 18 years. She’s been practicing business and employment law for 27 years.
Listen to the podcast
Fail fast to succeed faster
- Marla tells us that she kept an employee too long because they were a good attorney. She didn’t take in to account the uncomfortable experience that having this person around created for others.
Tell us something good
- Hear Marla explain how making good choices early saves a lot of trouble later on. When Marla was just starting out she hired a paralegal who was extremely qualified, and WAY out of Marla’s budget. Hiring that paralegal was a wonderful choice, and they have remained together all of these years.
What’s on your desk?
- Marla is currently working on a couple of Merger and Acquisition matters, including one for $25 million.
- Much of Marla’s business is Employee related work, including contracts and writing Employee Handbooks.
- The firm also does a large amount of general corporate work
- Marla tells us that her favorite resource is seasoned lawyers off of whom she can bounce ideas.
- WestLaw is extremely valuable for their business.
- Marla explains that Vistage is also a great business tool for becoming a better business owner.
- Think and Grow Rich Think and grow rich is the most important financial book ever written. Napoleon Hill researched more than forty millionaires to find out what made them the men that they were. By following the advice laid out clearly in this book you’ll be the one with an edge. It’s time to stop wondering what it’s like to be rich and start knowing. This book will change your life!
- Anatomy of a Merger: Strategies and Techniques for Negotiating Corporate Acquisitions Anatomy of a Merger: Strategies and Techniques for Negotiating Corporate Acquisitions is a unique guide to handling a corporate acquisition negotiation successfully. Some of its advice is geared towards effectuating workable compromises that satisfy the interests of all parties; some is aimed at getting a leg up on your adversaries. One of the book’s principal points is how these twin, seemingly antithetical goals can and should be attained.
Thanks for Listening
This information is coming to you to inspire you and drive you forward. Be bigger than you know yourself to be! If you haven’t already done so, please take a minute to leave a quick 5-star review rating and honest review on iTunes by clicking here.
Miranda McCroskey – host of Lawpreneur Radio