Kris De La Pena is a Platinum Financial Advisor and Board Certified Financial Planner with Ameriprise. Kris is not only one of the most credentialed advisors in the Orange County and Los Angeles areas, he is also one of the most highly regarded.
Listen to the podcast
Fail fast to succeed faster
- Kris referenced Thomas Edison and his quote “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10000 ways that won’t work.”
- He’s tried many avenues for marketing, for instance, and some work and some didn’t – but he learned from all of them.
- The key to any failure is to learn from it and do better next time.
Tell us something good
- Kris developed a relationship with a high-net worth individual who thought he didn’t need any help. Kris showed him strategies that would reduce his yearly taxes by about $200k. Kris, as a well-versed financial planner, had the resources and knowledge that served his client. He acts as this client’s, and other client’s, personal CFO.
How do you support a Lawpreneur?
- Kris says that sole practitioners/entrepreneurs/business owner have many retirement options available to them.
- What should a Lawpreneur look for in a Financial Advisor?
- The designations after the financial advisor’s names are relevant and important.
- Look for the ways the advisor’s differentiate themselves with their education.
- Kris evaluates the investments his clients are holding and watches for great opportunities.
- Podcasts (especially Lawpreneur Radio : ))
- The Power of Focus Tenth Anniversary Edition: How to Hit Your Business, Personal and Financial Targets with Absolute Confidence and Certainty More than 700,000 people around the world have been captivated by the simple, practical and profound strategies contained in the original bestseller, The Power of Focus. Now a decade later, authors Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen and Les Hewitt have joined forces to create a special 10th Anniversary Edition of this enduring classic. Each of these masters of business and personal development provide a crystal clear picture of why your ability to focus is even more vital today in determining your future success.
- Ok, I love Tim Ferris and his book “The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pages of Cutting-Edge Content. Some of you might think, as the corporate attorney I lunched with recently said, “Four-hour workweek? Is that a thing?” but Tim’s premise is my goal and aspiration. To be “locationally independent,” use virtual assistants, and take intermittent retirement sounds awesome to me!
Thanks for Listening
This information is coming to you to inspire you and drive you forward. Be bigger than you know yourself to be! If you haven’t already done so, please take a minute to leave a quick 5-star review rating and honest review on iTunes by clicking here. Miranda McCroskey – host of Lawpreneur Radio