Karolyn Blume is an expert problem solver and a gifted strategist. After a long career in law and mediation, she uses her keen insight as a speaker, writer and consultant. She has served as an adjunct professor at several colleges, and is a founder of “Mediators Beyond Borders International.” She lives and works in the Washington, DC area, where she uses the tools in her book on a daily basis.
Listen to the podcast
Fail fast to succeed faster
- Karolyn shares that early in her career she learned that asking for help makes thing a lot easier and smoother.
Tell us something good
- Karolyn mediated a large class action case involving doctors and insurance carriers. She helped get the matter resolved which was a huge success for her, the court and the litigants.
Tell us about your book?
- Karolyn’s newly released book Eat the Elephant: Overcoming Overwhelm offers her time tested tools to help you overcome the overwhelm in your life. Examples of these tools include:
- If you were brought up in a house where perfection was sought after then your constant chase of perfection will likely lead to overwhelm. Sometimes you have to set aside perfection to complete things.
- Don’t “Should” on yourself. If you have ever said to yourself, “I should do this…” that is a convenient path to overwhelm.
- Set attainable priorities. Choose your top three to do’s for the day and complete them.
- Eat the Elephant: Overcoming OverwhelmIf you’ve ever felt buried in an endless to-do list, or so busy that you can’t even find your to-do list, you know overwhelm. Overwhelm sucks all the joy out of your days, keeps you stressed out, worried, and feeling behind. It’s become a way of life. Attorney and consultant Karloyn Vreeland Blume shares her time-tested tools for eliminating overwhelm and perfectionism, served up with a dash of laughter. When you finish this book, you’ll have renewed confidence in your ability to not only cope the demands of your busy life, but to master them. A must- read for anyone who is in overwhelm and desperately seeks a usable solution. ~Kathleen Gage, author of Power Up for Profits
Thanks for Listening
This information is coming to you to inspire you and drive you forward. Be bigger than you know yourself to be! If you haven’t already done so, please take a minute to leave a quick 5-star review rating and honest review on iTunes by clicking here.
Miranda McCroskey – host of Lawpreneur Radio