What makes a Lawpreneur? Listen in as Joseph Weber of Weber Firman Bankruptcy Attorneys shares his journey. Joe has represented thousands of people and businesses in bankruptcy proceedings. He is well-versed in the new bankruptcy law, having studied it for eight years as it was being formulated. He worked to actively oppose what he sees as a creditor-sponsored slap in the face to American consumers.
Joe is a graduate of St. Leo University, the American College of Law, and has been a member of the Orange County Bar Association, The National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees, The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, and the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum. He is the author of Credit Limits, a book about the proliferation of bankcards.
Ruby Receptionist is the smart and cheerful team of virtual receptionists trained to make a difference in your day. From their offices in Portland, Oregon, they handle your calls with care. They deliver the perfect mix of friendliness, charm, can-do attitude, and professionalism. Best of all, your callers will think they work in your office. Meet them!
Listen to the podcast
- Joe tells how he had a client give him all of the requested data for a case. The client also included additional debts under another name. The client said it was a nom de plume. Joe replied that the court would most likely see it as a “nom de fraud.” The lesson he learned was to get data, ask questions and don’t assume anything.
- Don’t be afraid to turn down a case if it doesn’t serve you.
Tell us something good
- Listen as Joe explains that victories are sometimes small, however they happen daily.
- Joe talks about how helping good people brings him happiness as 90% of his clients are good people who made some errors in judgement.
- Joe’s best tip: work for other attorneys to learn the business from the ground up.
- Credit Limits This comprehensive book details virtually everything one needs to know about avoiding the pitfalls of the rampant over-use of credit cards. Masterfully written in plain language by Joseph Weber, the author lets the reader benefit from his experience in his field. The obvious intimacy displayed by Mr. Weber with the material covered made “Credit Limits” easy to read, easy to understand, and makes the reader think twice before filling out that credit application. Mr. Weber has written a book that I wish I had access to *before* I got my first credit card.
Favorite Quote of the Show in a One Minute Clip
Thanks for Listening
This information is coming to you to inspire you and drive you forward. Be bigger than you know yourself to be! If you haven’t already done so, please take a minute to leave a quick 5-star review rating and honest review on iTunes by clicking here. Miranda McCroskey – host of Lawpreneur Radio