John Corcoran of Corcoran Law Firm and Smart Business Revolution is an attorney, writer, and a father, and a former Clinton White House Writer and Speechwriter to the Governor of California. Throughout his career, he has worked in Hollywood, the heart of Silicon Valley, and currently owns his own boutique law firm in the San Francisco Bay Area catering to small business owners and entrepreneurs.
He is the creator of Smart Business Revolution and the Smart Business Revolution podcast.
His writing has appeared in Forbes, Huffington Post, Art of Manliness, Lifehacker, Business Insider, Get Rich Slowly, Dumb Little Man, and numerous other publications, blogs and websites.
Listen to the podcast
- John tells us that business and life success all come down to relationships.
- Listen as John explains that while people’s attitudes about networking can be negative most people are actually quite good at it.
- John recommends that we be givers – the more we give, the more we get.
- Hear John remind us that relationships don’t have to be connected with your vocation.
- John suggests that a great way to build relationships is to be useful to someone’s life.
- Reciprocity is a powerful tool and John tells us how to wield it.
- Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even if You Hate Marketing and Selling The new edition of the bestselling business development guide Book Yourself Solid, Second Edition reveals why self-promotion is a critical factor to success, giving you a unique perspective that makes this guide much more than an ordinary “how to” manual for getting more clients and raising a business profile.
- Give and Take: A Revolutionary Approach to Success For generations, we have focused on the individual drivers of success: passion, hard work, talent, luck. Today, success is increasingly dependent on how we interact with others. In the workplace, most people operate as either takers, matchers, or givers. Whereas takers strive to get as much as possible from others and matchers aim to trade evenly, givers are the rare breed of people who contribute to others without expecting anything in return
- How to Win Friends & Influence People For more than sixty years the rock-solid, time-tested advice in this book has carried thousands of now famous people up the ladder of success in their business and personal lives. Now this previously revised and updated bestseller is available in trade paperback for the first time to help you achieve your maximum potential throughout the next century! Learn:
* Three fundamental techniques in handling people
* The six ways to make people like you
* The twelve ways to win people to you way of thinking
* The nine ways to change people without arousing resentment
Thanks for Listening
This information is coming to you to inspire you and drive you forward. Be bigger than you know yourself to be! If you haven’t already done so, please take a minute to leave a quick 5-star review rating and honest review on iTunes by clicking here.
Miranda McCroskey – host of Lawpreneur Radio