Deborah Kennedy of Mark Kamin & Associates is passionate about performance and leadership and has over a decade of experience in training, coaching and facilitating executives as well as large groups of individuals in causing breakthrough performance and achieving or exceeding their business objectives. She has over 20 years of consultative sales experience worldwide, working with clients in countries such as China, South Korea, United Kingdom, Netherlands and Canada.
Listen to the podcast
- Deborah reminds us that anyone in business for themselves is a high powered sales professional.
- You have to get past the “stories” about sales and sales people such as:
- They are cheesy
- They are aggressive
- Deborah gets great results by approaching sales from a consultative direction.
- The three points of coaching that Deborah most commonly uses:
- Strategy – discover where you want to be in 10 years and craft a road map to achieve that goal
- Your why – determine what it is that shoots you out of bed each morning
- Action – Coaching to fulfill the strategy and therefore the why
- Debora tells us that she commonly sees three limiting beliefs when coaching attorneys:
- They expect business to walk in, just because they have hung their shingle
- They know it all, so there is no room for learning or seeing alternate paths to the result
- They have an “I must win” mentality that they bring to all areas of their business that sometimes gets in the way of running the business and selling their service as attorneys
- Business Development For Dummies Business Development For Dummies helps maximise the growth of small- or medium-sized businesses, with a step-by-step model for business development designed specifically for B2B or B2C service firms. By mapping business development to customer life cycle, this book helps owners and managers ensure a focus on growth through effective customer nurturing and management.
Thanks for Listening
This information is coming to you to inspire you and drive you forward. Be bigger than you know yourself to be! If you haven’t already done so, please take a minute to leave a quick 5-star review rating and honest review on iTunes by clicking here.
Miranda McCroskey – host of Lawpreneur Radio